Dried Cascabel Chile Peppers - Whole
Key Product Features
- There are approximately 10 Cascabel chiles per ounce, please note this number can change depending on the size or weight of each individual chile.
- PREMIUM CHILE PRODUCT - Nicely packaged in a durable clear re-sealable bag
- RICH FLAVOR - Cascabels peppers can be roast on a hot skillet before using or can be ground or rehydrated in warm water and can then be made into a paste or a sauce. This chile is considered a mild heat chile (1,000-2,500 on the Scoville Heat Scale).
- GOOD FOR MEXICAN RECIPES - The Cascabel chile has a roasted nutty taste that goes equally well with tomatoes or tomatillos, casseroles, enchiladas, fajitas, salsas, sauces, soups, stews, tamales, tacos, Menudo, Pozole, Tacos al pastor, Tostadas and Mexican Recipes
- AUTHENTIC FROM MEXICO - 100 % Natural Product Sourced Cascabel is an authentic chile from Mexico and a member of the Capsicum annuum species.
Serving size 1 chile (3g), Amount Per Serving: Calories 10, Total Fat 0g (0% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 2.7mg (0% DV), Total Carb. 2.1g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber 0.9g (3% DV), Sugars 1.2g, Protein 0.3g (0% DV), Vitamin A (0% DV), Vitamin C (0% DV), Vitamin D (0% DV), Calcium 1mg (0% DV), Iron 0mg (1% DV), Potassium 56mg (1% DV). The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. These values were calculated and therefore are approximate. For more accuracy, testing is advised.
Ingredients: Dried Cascabel Chiles
F A Q
How to use Dried Guajillo Chiles?
Re-hydrating your chiles is easy! Just follow these easy steps:
- Scoop out the insides of the dried chiles with a knife. You can do this step after they are rehydrated and then set them aside.
- Heat a large pan to medium-high heat and dry roast the peppers about 30-60 seconds per side. They will become slightly puffy, but this step is optional.
- Grab your peppers and pour the boiling water over the chiles then afterwards cover them and allow to sit 15-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your peppers.
- Remove from water and use as needed.